The George Fox University cheer team is an ambassador of Bruin Athletics, and represent the vision, mission and values of the program. You can see them in action as they entertain fans at football games at Stoffer Family Stadium and basketball games at Miller Gymnasium, in addition to interacting with our fans at community events.
The cheer team is available to the local community and businesses for paid appearances along with the George Fox mascot, Pennington.
The team practices twice a week and holds tryouts in the spring and summer of each year. For more information, please contact the head coach, Michelle Berg.
2017-18 Tryout Information
- You will learn a one-minute dance routine and a chant the first day and perform it for the judges on Saturday. You will also need to bring a one-minute dance of your own that you can perform for the judges.
- We will have a tumbling portion during tryouts where you will be evaluated on your tumbling ability. However, please note tumbling is not required to make the team.
- Lastly, we will have a stunting portion during tryouts where we will teach the basics and have people stunt.
- Fitted athletic tank top and spandex.
- Hair all the way down and make up applied to be game ready.