- One post-season appearance (1960 Crusader Bowl)
- 20 All-NWC Athletes
- 6 NWC Student-Athlete of the Week Awards
- 2 D3Football.com Team of the Week (Justin Leatherman, 2014; Lenana Meekisho, 2015)
- 1 D3Football.com All-West Region Team (Nolan Schuler, 2016 (third team offense)
- 2 NSCA All-American (Justin Kruse, 2015; Dane Jensen, 2017)
- 2 NFL Draft Picks
A Winning Tradition
George Fox football: Dedicated to excellence
If you are looking to play college football at an institution dedicated to excellence in all aspects – academically, athletically and spiritually – George Fox University could very well be the place for you. We are looking for student-athletes willing to be “blue collar” (work hard) both on the field and off, and we expect and demand excellence in the classroom, on the field, and in the community.
Championship people in a championship caliber program
As a football player at George Fox, you have a remarkable opportunity to be coached by a staff with more than 110 years of experience and a chance to compete in one of the best small-college conferences in the country. Our coaches are dedicated to instilling the values of teamwork, leadership, hardwork and grit in their players -- values that bring results both on and off the field. We as a staff are dedicated to your development as a leader and as a man.
State of the art facilities, uniforms and helmets
Our video board is the largest in the Northwest Conference, our locker room houses 130 handmade wooden lockers, our weight room has all the lifting equipment you could want or need, and our stadium seats thousands. And have you seen our helmets? They received national attention when unveiled and give physical representation to the mission and values of the program.
Some more reasons to consider us …
- Our coaches played or coached on three national championship teams (collegiate), four state championship teams (high school level) and 20 conference-winning teams.
- We play in the brand-new $7.2 million Stoffer Family Stadium, which includes the beautiful Duke Athletic Center.
- We are an institution dedicated to athletic (two national NCAA team titles in the last decade) and academic excellence.
We are located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, within driving distance of Portland, the mountains and the Oregon Coast.
George Fox: A top-ranked Christian college
- We are top-flight Christian university, ranked among the top Christian colleges in the nation (Forbes) and in the first tier of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Regional Universities (West) category.
- You will get the opportunity to compete in a Christ-centered program that emphasizes good citizenship, sportsmanship and a commitment to team.
- Our mission in athletics is to “provide the most formative athletic experience in the country.”
- You won’t be another “number.” You will “Be Known” at a university with a student-to-faculty ratio of 13.6-to-1.
Become an NCAA student-athlete
At the Division III level, we maintain a proper perspective between academics and athletics. Character, work ethic, sportsmanship and teamwork take precedence over winning. Such a commitment reflects our philosophy that the athletic arena is more than just a place where games are played – it’s a venue vitally critical to your leadership development, mentoring and education.
The region’s premier small-college conference
George Fox is a member of the NCAA Division III Northwest Conference, a group of nine selective private colleges which all rank in the first tier of U.S. News' National Liberal Arts Colleges or Regional University categories. The other members are Lewis & Clark College, Linfield College, Pacific Lutheran University, Pacific University, University of Puget Sound, Whitman College, Whitworth University and Willamette University.