- 3 NAIA National Tournaments (1973, 1990, 1992)
- 1 NAIA District Championship (1990)
- 22 NAIA District Tournaments
- 3 NAIA Top 25 National Rankings (1990, 1991, 1992)
- 4 Northwest Conference Tournaments (1997-1998, 2009-2010, 2012-2013, 2016-17)
- 2 Cascade Conference Tournaments (1994, 1995)
- 2 NCCAA National Tournaments (1985, 1987)
- 7 NCCAA Regional Tournaments (1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988)
- 1 NCCAA National Coach of the Year
- 3 NAIA District Coaches of the Year
- 2 Northwest Conference Coaches of the Year
- 17 All-Americans
- 3 NBA Draft Picks
Field Goal %
Pts off Turnovers
2nd Chance Pts
Pts in the Paint
A Winning Tradition
PORTLAND, Ore. --- The George Fox men's basketball team traveled to NCAA Division II Concordia University – Portland, Wednesday night, as the Bruins fell to the Cavaliers in a non-conference match up, 103-81.
The Cavaliers got things going early, as the home team jumped out to a 9-2 lead in the opening minutes. The pace seemed to please the Cavaliers, as both teams used a high-tempo offense in the early going. Things started to slow down once both teams had a feel for each other, but the Cavaliers still held the advantage. After 10 minutes of play, the Cavaliers extended their lead to 10, 27-17, after a layup by Tre Vance.
The Cavaliers were on fire from the field, as the home team finished the first half shooting 64.1 percent. The Bruins tried to match the home team with a 40.5 percent clip. The Bruins did lead the Cavaliers from beyond the arc, hitting 6-19, while CU went 1-6.
The Cavaliers went into the first half leading, 59-45.
The Bruins did their best to cut the deficit, but the home team kept up with the fast-paced Bruins, trading baskets back and forth. The Cavaliers held their lead for the remainder of the second half, despite the Bruins continued pressure.
What It Means:
With the loss, the Bruins stand at 3-3 on the season.
What Comes Next:
The Bruins will hit the road for their next four games before hosting Wesley at home on Dec. 21 at 7p.m. The Bruins will play Wis.-Oshkosh first in their four game road on Dec. 10.