- 3 NAIA National Tournaments (1973, 1990, 1992)
- 1 NAIA District Championship (1990)
- 22 NAIA District Tournaments
- 3 NAIA Top 25 National Rankings (1990, 1991, 1992)
- 4 Northwest Conference Tournaments (1997-1998, 2009-2010, 2012-2013, 2016-17)
- 2 Cascade Conference Tournaments (1994, 1995)
- 2 NCCAA National Tournaments (1985, 1987)
- 7 NCCAA Regional Tournaments (1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988)
- 1 NCCAA National Coach of the Year
- 3 NAIA District Coaches of the Year
- 2 Northwest Conference Coaches of the Year
- 17 All-Americans
- 3 NBA Draft Picks
Field Goal %
Pts off Turnovers
2nd Chance Pts
Pts in the Paint
A Winning Tradition
TACOMA, Wash. --- The undefeated Northwest Conference season ended for the George Fox men's basketball team, Friday night, as the Bruins fell to the Lutes of Pacific Lutheran, 92-75.
It was a sluggish start for the Bruins in the opening minutes, as the Lutes jumped out to a 17-4 lead on some impressive shooting. After the dust settled, the Bruins regained their footing late in the first half, but the Lutes early lead proved to be too much.
PLU went into the break with a 43-28 advantage. Foul trouble hurt the Bruins in the first half, as the Lutes went 10-13 from the stripe.
The second half was a different story for the Bruins, who cut the deficit to eight, 48-40, after JJ Lacey completed the and-one on the line. The Lutes managed to keep the Bruins at a distance, hitting big shots down the stretch. It seemed that every time the Bruins went on a run, the Lutes answered right back with one of their own.
The Lutes scored 50 of their 92 points in the paint, while recording 21 points on second chance opportunities.
The Bruins shot 43.1 percent from the field and 37 percent from beyond the arc.
What It Means:
The Bruins snap a three game winning streak in the NWC and stand at 3-1 in conference play.
What Comes Next:
The Bruins will look to bounce back against Willamette on Friday, January 13 at 8p.m.