- 3 NAIA National Tournaments (1973, 1990, 1992)
- 1 NAIA District Championship (1990)
- 22 NAIA District Tournaments
- 3 NAIA Top 25 National Rankings (1990, 1991, 1992)
- 3 Northwest Conference Tournaments (1998, 2010, 2013)
- 2 Cascade Conference Tournaments (1994, 1995)
- 2 NCCAA National Tournaments (1985, 1987)
- 7 NCCAA Regional Tournaments (1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988)
- 1 NCCAA National Coach of the Year
- 3 NAIA District Coaches of the Year
- 2 Northwest Conference Coaches of the Year
- 17 All-Americans
- 3 NBA Draft Picks
Field Goal %
Pts off Turnovers
2nd Chance Pts
Pts in the Paint
A Winning Tradition
Photo Taken By: Shelby Byerly
By: Jake Bienvenue
NEWBERG, Ore. --- Senior guard JJ Lacey reached a new milestone in his career, Saturday night, as the four-year player broke into the record books as a 1,000-point scorer. Lacey led the Bruins against the No. 6-ranked Pirates of Whitworth in an 83-53 loss.
The Bruins offense held their ground against the top-ranked team through the majority of the first half, trailing by a deficit of only six points with eight minutes left.
J.J. Lacey paced the Bruins' offense in the opening half with nine points on an efficient 4-7 from the field, hitting shots from all over the court.
The Whitworth defense proved difficult to overcome as the Bruins continued to try to chip into the deficit through the second half. Lacey added another five points in the final 20 minutes, while Ryan Thistlewood helped to anchor the defense with two blocks.
Lacey led the Bruins in scoring with 14 points on a mere six shots. Dylan Hamlett chipped in eight points on only three shots while Johnathan Doutt provided a spark off the bench with eight points of his own.
What It Means:
J.J. Lacey reached the big 1,000 tonight, becoming only the 36th player in program history to score 1,000 points in his career. The Bruins move to 6-10 on the season and 4-3 in the Northwest Conference.
What Comes Next:
The Bruins continue their home stand tomorrow with a conference matchup against Whitman at 4:00pm.