- 3 NAIA National Tournaments (1973, 1990, 1992)
- 1 NAIA District Championship (1990)
- 22 NAIA District Tournaments
- 3 NAIA Top 25 National Rankings (1990, 1991, 1992)
- 4 Northwest Conference Tournaments (1997-1998, 2009-2010, 2012-2013, 2016-17)
- 2 Cascade Conference Tournaments (1994, 1995)
- 2 NCCAA National Tournaments (1985, 1987)
- 7 NCCAA Regional Tournaments (1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988)
- 1 NCCAA National Coach of the Year
- 3 NAIA District Coaches of the Year
- 2 Northwest Conference Coaches of the Year
- 17 All-Americans
- 3 NBA Draft Picks
Field Goal %
Pts off Turnovers
2nd Chance Pts
Pts in the Paint
A Winning Tradition
By: Jake Bienvenue
McMINVILLE, Ore. --- The George Fox men's basketball team travelled the short distance to Linfield Friday to beat the Wildcats in an important rivalry game, 87-83.
The first half was hotly contested as both teams were able to hit shots from around the court.
The contest remained tight all the way through the half as both teams proved unable to jump out to a lead. They entered the break dead even with 39 points each.
Thomas Rico caught fire in the second half, scoring 27 of his 35 total points in the final 20 minutes, and hitting five 3-pointers. Dylan Hamlett added 14 of his own through the remaining minutes. The duo missed only two shots between them.
Tied with four minutes left, Rico and Hamlett led the Bruins' offense on a run that sealed the clutch victory.
Rico exploded on the road tonight, missing only one of his 14 shots for a career-high 35 points to lift the Bruins over the Wildcats. Bruins' big-man Hamlett had the hot hand as well, tallying 19 points and grabbing five rebounds. Sophomore guard Green-Richards provided an offensive onslaught with the second unit, putting up 14 points of his own.
What It Means:
The Bruins got their revenge tonight with a parallel win at Linfield's home gym on top of keeping their conference standing with a win over the fourth-ranked Wildcats. The Bruins stand at 10-12 overall and 8-5 in the Northwest Conference.
What Comes Next:
The Bruins host the Willamette Bearcats Saturday, Feb. 11, in their last regular season home game at 6:00p.m.