- 3 NAIA National Tournaments (1973, 1990, 1992)
- 1 NAIA District Championship (1990)
- 22 NAIA District Tournaments
- 3 NAIA Top 25 National Rankings (1990, 1991, 1992)
- 4 Northwest Conference Tournaments (1997-1998, 2009-2010, 2012-2013, 2016-17)
- 2 Cascade Conference Tournaments (1994, 1995)
- 2 NCCAA National Tournaments (1985, 1987)
- 7 NCCAA Regional Tournaments (1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988)
- 1 NCCAA National Coach of the Year
- 3 NAIA District Coaches of the Year
- 2 Northwest Conference Coaches of the Year
- 17 All-Americans
- 3 NBA Draft Picks
A Winning Tradition
NEWBERG, Ore. --- The Northwest Conference has named George Fox University's senior guard Thomas Rico as the NWC Men's Basketball Student-Athlete of the Week.
Rico, a senior from Glendora, California, helped the Bruins win three straight over the week, with the biggest coming against No. 15 Claremont-Mudd-Scripps. He averaged 29.3 points per game and his 36 points against Pomona-Pitzer is now tied for 11th all-time at George Fox for most points in a single game. The 36 points also marks a new career-high. He finished the weekend shooting 65.1 percent from the field and 63.3 percent from beyond the arc. He also averaged 2.7 rebounds, 1.7 assists and 1.3 steals.
Rico is currently tied for eighth in NCAA Division III for total 3-point field goals made at 21 and is tied for 26th in 3-point field goals per game at 4.20. This marks his third time being named NWC Men's Basketball Student-Athlete of the Week.