- 3 NAIA National Tournaments (1973, 1990, 1992)
- 1 NAIA District Championship (1990)
- 22 NAIA District Tournaments
- 3 NAIA Top 25 National Rankings (1990, 1991, 1992)
- 4 Northwest Conference Tournaments (1997-1998, 2009-2010, 2012-2013, 2016-17)
- 2 Cascade Conference Tournaments (1994, 1995)
- 2 NCCAA National Tournaments (1985, 1987)
- 7 NCCAA Regional Tournaments (1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988)
- 1 NCCAA National Coach of the Year
- 3 NAIA District Coaches of the Year
- 2 Northwest Conference Coaches of the Year
- 17 All-Americans
- 3 NBA Draft Picks
Field Goal %
Pts off Turnovers
2nd Chance Pts
Pts in the Paint
A Winning Tradition
|George Fox (5-9, 1-4 NWC)||31||32||63|
|Whitman (15-0, 6-0 NWC)||58||59||117|
By: Alex Plusquellec
WALLA WALLA, Wash. --- With the heart of Northwest Conference play on the horizon, the George Fox men's basketball team traveled to take on No. 1-ranked Whitman College Friday night, falling to the Blues in a tough conference test.
The Blues, ranked No. 1 nationally, were not phased early. The Bruins got buckets from the Mason Green-Richards and Thomas Rico in the opening minutes but found themselves trailing 14-5 at the 15-minute mark.
Freshman Tyler Yost did his best to provide a spark, scoring seven straight for the Bruins to cut the deficit to 20-13. The Blues continued to provide pressure, maintaining a double-digit lead for the remainder of the half.
The missed shots and handful of turnovers left the Bruins staring at a 58-31 halftime deficit.
In the second half, the Bruins were unable to turn defense into offense, despite forcing 13 turnovers. The Blues continued to control the pace, and came away with a 117-63 victory.
Green-Richards went 6 of 14 from the field to finish with 17 points to go with four steals. Rico added 12 points on 5 of 9 shooting. Dylan Hamlett led the Bruins on the glass, pulling down seven rebounds in 19 minutes.
What It Means
The Bruins now sit at 1-4 in NWC play and 5-9 overall.
What Comes Next
The Bruins will continue their road trip north as they are set to square off with Whitworth Saturday night. Tip is set for 6 p.m.