- 2 NCCAA National Championships (1988, 1990)
- 4 NCCAA National Tournaments (1986, 1987, 1988, 1990)
- 4 NCCAA District/Regional Championships (1986, 1987, 1988, 1990)
- 6 NCCAA District/Regional Tournaments (1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990)
- 1 NAIA National Tournament (1993)
- 1 NAIA Regional/Area Championship (1993)
- 3 NAIA Regional/Area Tournaments (1993, 1996, 1998)
- 2 NAIA District Championships (1990, 1993)
- 5 NAIA District Tournaments (1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993)
- 2 Northwest Conference Tournaments (1995, 1996)
- 1 Cascade Conference Tournament (1994)
- 4 NAIA Top 25 National Rankings (1992, 1993, 1994, 1995)
- 1 NCCAA National Player of the Year (Dan LaVeine, 1990)
- 1 NSCAA/Umbro National Goalkeeper of the Year (Jeff Nelson, 1994)
- 1 NAIA Area Coach of the Year
- 1 NAIA District Coach of the Year
- 34 All-Americans
- 16 Academic All-Americans
- 11 players signed to professional contracts
Shots (on goal)
A Winning Tradition
By: Alex Plusquellec
NEWBERG, Ore. --- The George Fox men's soccer team hosted the Pirates of Whitworth Friday night in a game that dealt with heavy rain off and on. The Pirates edged the Bruins, 2-0.
In the first half, the Bruins were able to out-shoot the Pirates, 12-6. Early on, Trevor Martin missed an attempt high and Moises Manon had a shot saved as the Bruins and Pirates traded saves and missed opportunities. In the 22nd minute, it was Whitworth who found the back of the net, as Jonah Snyder scored his first goal of the night.
The Bruins were awarded a corner kick and had three attempts saved as the first half came to an end, with the Pirates holding on to a 1-0 lead.
Snyder and the Pirates were able to strike early in the second half, as the midfielder netted his second goal of the night in the 53rd minute. The Bruins were reduced to only four shots in the second half. Alan Rojas missed wide on a chance to cut the lead in half, and Kody Ulrich missed wide on the Bruins final attempt of the game as Whitworth was able to hold on for the 2-0 victory.
What Comes Next:
The Bruins will have the day off before returning to Austin Sports Complex Sunday to take on Whitman College at 2:30 p.m.