- 2 NCCAA National Championships (1988, 1990)
- 4 NCCAA National Tournaments (1986, 1987, 1988, 1990)
- 4 NCCAA District/Regional Championships (1986, 1987, 1988, 1990)
- 6 NCCAA District/Regional Tournaments (1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990)
- 1 NAIA National Tournament (1993)
- 1 NAIA Regional/Area Championship (1993)
- 3 NAIA Regional/Area Tournaments (1993, 1996, 1998)
- 2 NAIA District Championships (1990, 1993)
- 5 NAIA District Tournaments (1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993)
- 2 Northwest Conference Tournaments (1995, 1996)
- 1 Cascade Conference Tournament (1994)
- 4 NAIA Top 25 National Rankings (1992, 1993, 1994, 1995)
- 1 NCCAA National Player of the Year (Dan LaVeine, 1990)
- 1 NSCAA/Umbro National Goalkeeper of the Year (Jeff Nelson, 1994)
- 1 NAIA Area Coach of the Year
- 1 NAIA District Coach of the Year
- 34 All-Americans
- 16 Academic All-Americans
- 11 players signed to professional contracts
Shots (on goal)
A Winning Tradition
|George Fox (3-4-0, 0-0-0 NWC)||1||0||0||1||2|
|Whitman (1-5-0, 0-0-0 NWC)||1||0||0||0||1|
WALLA WALLA, Wash. --- It was a magical day for the George Fox men's soccer team, as the Bruins opened up Northwest Conference play with a 2-1 double overtime victory over the Whitman Blues.
The game saw action right away, as the home team found the back of the net in the 16th minute to take an early 1-0 lead.
Both teams kept the pace up and the keepers honest before going into the half tied at 1-1.
In the second half, Bruins' keeper Andrew Phillis was perfect. Phillis tallied three huge saves in the final 45 minutes to keep the Bruins hopes alive.
George Fox was stingy with its shots, only firing on open opportunities. The Bruins lone shot in the second overtime came as a goal from Daniel Alonzo in the 102nd minute to lift the Bruins over the Blues.
Alonzo recorded his second goal of the season and first game-winner of the year. Manon fired off two shots and recorded his third goal of the season. Phillis saw 11 shots, recording 10 saves for a new career-high.
What It Means:
The Bruins open up NWC play undefeated at 1-0 and 3-4 on the season.
What Comes Next:
George Fox continues its Washington trip against Whitworth Sunday, Sept. 17 at 2:30pm.