- 1 NCAA Regional Tournament (2016)
- 1 NAIA Regional Tournament (1994)
- 1 NAIA District Championship (1994)
- 1 Cascade Conference Championship (1994)
- 4 Northwest Conference Tournament (2012, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- 1 NAIA District Coach of the Year
- 3 Northwest Conference Coaches of the Year
- 1 (NFCA) Division III National Pitcher of the Week (Abbie Bergerson, 2015)
- 2 NFCA All-West Region Second Team
A Winning Tradition
SPOKANE, Wash. --- Madison Sorensen was near perfect for the Bruins in Saturday's Northwest Conference Elimination game, leading the Bruins to a 3-0 victory over #1-seed Whitworth Pirates.
Sorensen was tasked with big job in the semi-final game of the NWC Tournament, and was near perfect in her seven innings of work. Not only did she blank the Pirates, but only allowed four hits, while striking out four and walking just one.
The Bruins did well to back up their pitching with hits, as Kimi Ito opened up the scoring in the top of the third with a solo homerun to centerfield. The game slowed down quite a bit after the 1-0 lead, but Sorensen continued to pound the zone and keep the Pirates at bay.
With the 3-0 lead over the Pirates, the Bruins finished the day perfect in the field and collected all three outs in the seventh to end the game.
Sorensen improved to 15-4 on the season and pitched her eighth complete game on the year. Five different Bruins recorded hits on the day, but none was bigger than Hylton's and Ito's. Hylton finished the day with two RBIs.
What It Means:
With the win, the Bruins are headed to the NWC Tournament Championship game against Linfield. This marks the second year in a row that the Bruins defeated the Pirates to advance to the championship game. The Bruins will need to win two against Linfield in order to become NWC Tournament Champions, while the Wildcats just need one win.
What Comes Next:
The Bruins will play Linfield at 1:30 p.m.