- NCAA D-III National Champions (2009)
- Three NCAA "Final Four" appearances (2009, 2012, 2015)
- Six NCAA "Elite 8" appearances (2005, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015)
- Eight NCAA "Sweet 16" appearances (2000, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015)
- 11 NCAA National Tournament appearances in 15 years (2000, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
- 10 Northwest Conference Championships (2000, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015)
- 22 straight winning seasons (1994-2015)
- 11 Top 25 national rankings (2000, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
- Three NCAA Division III National Coaches of the Year
- Five NCAA Division III Region Coaches of the Year
- 11 Conference Coaches of the Year
- 17 All-Americans
- One Academic All-American
A Winning Tradition
NEWBERG, Ore. – In a battle of the only remaining undefeated teams in NCAA Division III women’s basketball, the George Fox University Bruins (31-0) and the Amherst College Lord Jeffs (31-0) will clash at 5:00 p.m. Eastern time (2:00 p.m. Pacific) on Friday, Mar. 16, in one semi-final game of the National Tournament’s “Final Four” in Holland, Mich.
In the other semi-final at Hope College’s DeVos Fieldhouse at 7:00 p.m. Eastern (4:00 p.m. Pacific), the University of St. Thomas Tommies (30-1) will take in the Illinois Wesleyan University Titans (26-5). The third-place game will begin Saturday, Mar. 17, at 4:00 p.m. (1:00 p.m. Pacific), with the national championship game set for 7:00 p.m. (4:00 p.m. Pacific).
Tickets: George Fox fans may order tickets now through the Bruins’ department of athletics by e-mailing Patty Findley at email@example.com (preferred) or calling her at 503-554-2910. No advance tickets will be distributed by George Fox; all pre-ordered tickets will be available at the Will Call window at the DeVos Fieldhouse beginning Thursday afternoon.
Ticket prices for both days of the “Final Four” are $25 for reserved seating and $20 for general admission. For one-day only, general admission adult tickets are $12, general admission for children under 18 is $10, and reserved seats are $15.
For Fans Traveling to Holland: Before Friday's game, George Fox’s University Advancement will host a free reception for all Bruin fans from 3:00-4:15 p.m. at "84 East", a restaurant just blocks from the DeVos Fieldhouse (84 East 8th Street, Holland, Mich.). Join President Robin Baker and other members of the George Fox family for some pizza and pop before heading over to the arena for the game. If you plan to attend the reception, please contact University Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-554-2134 by Thursday, March 15. Your registration will help us ensure that there is enough food.
Multimedia: The following links will be helpful for finding “Final Four” live stats, live video, and live audio on the internet:
Official NCA Championship website - http://www.ncaa.com/championships/basketball-women/d3
Live Audio - http://www.georgefox.edu/offices/asc/kfoxradio/
Turner Broadcasting will handle live television of the tournament games. Where to find that will be announced when broadcast information becomes available.
On-campus Viewing: The Department of University Engagement is arranging “viewing parties” for all George Fox games in the “Final Four”. Friday’s game will be streamed live in the Klages Dining Hall at 2:00 p.m., the Bruin Den will be running specials, and popcorn and door prizes will be given away. On Saturday, the consolation game is at 1:00 p.m. and the championship game is at 4:00 p.m., depending upon which game the Bruins are in, and one or the other will be shown in the Wheeler Sports Center’s Miller Gym. Door pries, concessions, and free popcorn will again be available. For more information, contact the Department of University Engagement at 503-554-2121.