- Eight NCAA D-III National Championship Tournaments (2010-8th; 2011-12th; 2012-7th; 2013-4th; 2014-9th; 2015-6th; 2016-T-3rd; 2017-2nd)
- Eight Northwest Conference Champions (2010; 2011; 2012; 2013; 2014; 2015; 2016; 2017)
- Eight Top 25 National Rankings (2010-7th; 2011-7th; 2012-7th; 2013-5th; 2014-10th; 2015 - 2nd; 2016-2nd; 2017-1st)
- Nine straight winning seasons (2009-17)
- 63 tournament wins in program's nine seasons
- Overall record of 729-186-1 in program's nine seasons (.796)
- 12 All-Americans, 18 All-West Region players, 32 All-Conference players
- Two PING National Player of the Year (Kelsey Morrison, 2013; Sydney Maluenda, 2015)
- One WGCA National Freshman of the Year (Sydney Maluenda, 2014)
- Eight NWC Players of the Year
- Three West Region Coach of the Year awards (2009-10, 2015-16, 2016-17)
- Five NWC Coach of the Year awards (2010-11, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2016-17)
- Six WGCA All-American Scholars, Three Academic All-District student-athletes
- Five Academic All-Americans
A Winning Tradition
Join a perennial national NCAA tournament contender
What an opportunity you have as a member of our women’s golf program! Not only are you a part of a team that is nationally ranked on a regular basis, you are part of a tight-knit group of young women who are committed to excellence both on and off the course, including in the classroom and giving back to our community.
We are focused on being one of the top programs in the nation. Our track record speaks for itself …
- The first Northwest Conference team to bring home a NCAA championship golf trophy
- The only NWC team to finish in the top 10 at the national championship tournament (five times in the last five years)
- The first NWC women’s team to have an All-American player
- Seven trips to the national championship tournament (in nine years of program’s existence, started in 2006)
- Two PING National Players of the Year (2012-13), One Freshman National Player of the Year and a NCAA championship runner-up
- Seven NWC Championships
- 12 All-Americans, 16 All-West Region players, 27 all-conference players
- Five All-American scholars and three academic all-district student-athletes
- Two-time West Region Coach of the Year and Four NWC Coach of the Year awards
Compete in tournaments around the country
We also have fun together and enjoy traveling all over the country (the Division III National Championship tournament is held in May, typically in Florida). We also offer the opportunity to compete against some of the nation’s best players at both the NCAA Division III and Division II levels.
If you have any questions about our program, don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-554-2924.
- Mary Jo McCloskey, Head Coach
Two-time NWC Coach of the Year
NCAA Division III West Region Coach of the Year (2009-10)
George Fox: A top-ranked Christian college
- We are top-flight Christian university, ranked among the top Christian colleges in the nation (Forbes) and in the first tier of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Regional Universities (West) category.
- You will get the opportunity to compete in a Christ-centered program that emphasizes good citizenship, sportsmanship and a commitment to team.
- Our mission in athletics is to “provide the most formative athletic experience in the country.”
- You won’t be another “number.” You will “Be Known” at a university with a student-to-faculty ratio of 13.6-to-1.
Become an NCAA student-athlete
At the Division III level, we maintain a proper perspective between academics and athletics. Character, work ethic, sportsmanship and teamwork take precedence over winning. Such a commitment reflects our philosophy that the athletic arena is more than just a place where games are played – it’s a venue vitally critical to your leadership development, mentoring and education.
The region’s premier small-college conference
George Fox is a member of the NCAA Division III Northwest Conference, a group of nine selective private colleges which all rank in the first tier of U.S. News' National Liberal Arts Colleges or Regional University categories. The other members are Lewis & Clark College, Linfield College, Pacific Lutheran University, Pacific University, University of Puget Sound, Whitman College, Whitworth University and Willamette University.