NEWBERG, Ore. -- George Fox University Athletics and the Chehalem Park and Recreation District are excited to announce the inaugural Bruins Sports Day. Girls and boys entering the second through eighth grades in the fall will have the opportunity to pick one of five sports to participate in an afternoon clinic, free of charge.
The afternoon will be spent learning basic skills from members of the George Fox athletic teams and coaching staff. Come and enjoy a fun-filled day on the beautiful campus of George Fox University.
- Spending time with George Fox athletes
- Learning from college coaches
- A chance to play in a college facility, same location where the Bruins play
- Meet the George Fox mascot
- Take pictures and get autographs
- Learn skills and have fun
August 26, 2015
1-3 p.m. (check-in begins at 12:30 p.m. at the site of your sport)
Free for girls and boys entering grades 2-8 in the fall. Register in advance because space is limited!
Pick one of the following sports to participate in. Click the link to register online.
All registration needs to take place prior to Aug. 26. You can register online by clicking on one of the links above or in person at the Aquatic and Fitness Center, 1802 Haworth Ave., in Newberg. Phone: 503-538-7454, 503-537-2909; Fax: 503-538-6397
- Men's Soccer & Women's Soccer – Austin Sports Complex
- 2200 N. Center St.
- Football - Stoffer Family Stadium (in the end zone opposite scoreboard)
- 1150 Fulton St.
- Cross Country - Stoffer Family Stadium (in end zone under the scoreboard)
- 1150 Fulton St., Newberg
- Volleyball - Wheeler Gymnasium (park in lot and walk across the bridge)
- 1504 Fulton St., Newberg
- Golf - Chehalem Glenn Golf Course (in the clubhouse)
- 4501 E Fernwood Road, Newberg
- Soccer: shin guards, socks (no cleats)
- Football: athletic clothes (no cleats, no helmets, no shoulder pads)
- Cross Country: running shoes
- Volleyball: kneepads
Golf: clubs, if you have them; if not, some will be provided
DO NOT WEAR CLEATS OR SPIKES – TENNIS SHOES ONLY
Participants who wear cleats or spikes will not be allowed on the turf, grass, or track surfaces. Normal athletic shoes will work great for the day.
- Please arrive ready to participate in physical activity. Wear clothes and shoes that you can run in and will be weather appropriate. It could be very warm, or it could be raining.
- Water bottle with participants initials
- Do not bring your own ball. We will provide footballs, soccer balls and volleyballs.