- One post-season appearance (1960 Crusader Bowl)
- One AFCA Division III Coaches' All-American (Nolan Schuler, 2017)
- One CoSIDA Academic All-American (Caleb Dalzell, 2017)
- Two CoSIDA Academic All-District (Caleb Dalzell, 2017; Grant Schroeder, 2017)
- Three D3football.com All-Americans
- Four D3football.com All-Region Honorees
- 37 All-NWC Athletes
- Five D3Football.com Team of the Week
- Nine NWC Student-Athlete of the Week Awards
- One Cliff Harris Award Finalist (Charles Riga, 2017)
- Two NSCA All-American (Justin Kruse, 2015; Dane Jensen, 2017)
- Two NFL Draft Picks
A Winning Tradition
AUSTIN, Texas --- George Fox University's Caleb Dalzell has been selected on the 2017 CoSIDA Academic All-America® Division III Football Team announced Wednesday, marking the first Bruin football player to garner the honor.
Dalzell becomes the first recipient to earn the prestigious CoSIDA Academic All-America® award since 2012 when Joseph Pia was named for his efforts in track and field.
Dalzell, a junior defensive end from Gresham, Oregon, is maintaining a 3.90 GPA as a biology major. He and 25 other honorees of the 42 members on the 2017 CoSIDA Academic All-America® Division III Football Team have at least a 3.90 GPA. He is no stranger to CoSIDA, as he was named Academic All-District in track and field in the 2017 season.
He finished the season as a first-team All-NWC selection and a D3Football.com 2017 All-West Region first-team member. He capped off his junior season as one of the best defensive linemen in the country. He led the Northwest Conference in tackles for a loss (17) and was second in the NWC in sacks (9.5). His best game came against No. 7 Linfield when he recorded an NCAA Division III-best 7.5 tackles for a loss in a single game. He was also named as a D3Football.com Team of the Week honor and an NWC Football Student-Athlete of the Week honor throughout the season.
With Dalzell's award, he becomes the 161st Academic All-American at George Fox.