- One post-season appearance (1960 Crusader Bowl)
- One AFCA Division III Coaches' All-American (Nolan Schuler, 2017)
- One CoSIDA Academic All-American (Caleb Dalzell, 2017)
- Two CoSIDA Academic All-District (Caleb Dalzell, 2017; Grant Schroeder, 2017)
- Three D3football.com All-Americans
- Four D3football.com All-Region Honorees
- 37 All-NWC Athletes
- Five D3Football.com Team of the Week
- Nine NWC Student-Athlete of the Week Awards
- One Cliff Harris Award Finalist (Charles Riga, 2017)
- Two NSCA All-American (Justin Kruse, 2015; Dane Jensen, 2017)
- Two NFL Draft Picks
A Winning Tradition
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. --- George Fox's Charles Riga has been announced as a finalist for the fifth annual Cliff Harris Award, as announced by the Little Rock Touchdown Club and Wright Lindsey Jennings Wednesday.
The award is presented to the nation's top small college defensive player representing more than 5,000 defensive players from almost 500 NCAA Division II, Division III and NAIA colleges and universities.
Riga is joined by 28 other finalists in Division III. An overall winner will be announced Dec. 23 and honored at the Little Rock Touchdown Club's annual awards banquet Jan. 11, 2018, featuring guest speaker Marcus Allen. In addition to the overall winner, the top vote-getters from each division will also be announced.
Riga, a junior linebacker from Portland, Oregon, has received a plethora of awards this season. He was recently named to the D3football.com All-America Team as an honorable mention, a D3football.com All-West Region first-team selection, a first-team All-Northwest Conference honoree and named the Co-Defensive Player of the Year in the NWC. Riga became the first Bruin in the program to garner the prestigious award as the NWC's Co-Defensive Player of the Year. He led the conference in tackles with 121 and was third in the NWC in sacks (7) and tackles for a loss (13). In his three seasons as a Bruin, he currently is the record holder for most career tackles with 293.