- One post-season appearance (1960 Crusader Bowl)
- One AFCA Division III Coaches' All-American (Nolan Schuler, 2017)
- One CoSIDA Academic All-American (Caleb Dalzell, 2017)
- Two CoSIDA Academic All-District (Caleb Dalzell, 2017; Grant Schroeder, 2017)
- Three D3football.com All-Americans
- Four D3football.com All-Region Honorees
- 37 All-NWC Athletes
- Five D3Football.com Team of the Week
- Nine NWC Student-Athlete of the Week Awards
- One Cliff Harris Award Finalist (Charles Riga, 2017)
- Two NSCA All-American (Justin Kruse, 2015; Dane Jensen, 2017)
- Two NFL Draft Picks (Bob Hadlock and Randy Casey, 14th and 15th rounds respectively)
A Winning Tradition
NEWBERG --- The George Fox football team opens its 2019 season against the (RV) University of Redlands Bulldogs on Saturday, Sept. 7, with a 12:05 pm kickoff at home.
The matchup marks the fifth consecutive season that the teams have faced each other. The two sides are even at 2-2 in the historical series, with Redlands having won the most recent meeting in Redlands, Calif., in 2018.
The Bruins return a strong front seven on defense with the return of Caleb Dalzell, Riley Lusk, Daniel Campos, and Austin Shadbolt. All-NWC defensive back Caleb Harrel is back for the Bruins to patrol a secondary that led the NWC in interceptions in 2018. Lucas Schwin, Brandon Piete, Abe Smith, and Wyatt Adams are also back to bolster the secondary for George Fox.
Sophomore quarterback Jaden Sheffey will have the reins for the Bruins on offense after winning the job at the end of the 2018 season. Evan Nelson, Justin Trimble II, and Kenny May are back to help lead the Bruins' offense at wide reciever, while the Bruins' leading rusher from 2018, Anthony Garcia, is also back for his senior campaign.
In last season's matchup, the two teams finished with nearly identical numbers on offense in the passing game. George Fox forced two turnovers but would ultimately fall 20-12, as the Bulldogs were able to outgain the Bruins on the ground for an edge on offense.
The Bulldogs will have to replace Levi Plante at quarterback but are bringing back Eric Kump and Nathan Martinez as potential QB1 options. The Bulldogs will also have to replace their leading rusher from 2018 as Conner Kennedy played his last snaps for Redlands in 2018. Redlands will bring back two of its leading pass-catchers in David Molina and Blake Roy for Kump and Martinez to target in the passing game.
This is the first game of the season for both teams. The game will offered live on the Bruins' Stretch Internet portal with links from the Bruins' website.