- Three NAIA National Tournaments (1973, 1990, 1992)
- Two NAIA District Championship (1973, 1990)
- 22 NAIA District Tournaments
- Three NAIA Top 25 National Rankings (1990, 1991, 1992)
- Four Northwest Conference Tournaments (1997-1998, 2009-2010, 2012-2013, 2016-17)
- Two Cascade Conference Tournaments (1994, 1995)
- Two NCCAA National Tournaments (1985, 1987)
- Seven NCCAA Regional Tournaments (1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988)
- One NCCAA National Coach of the Year
- Three NAIA District Coaches of the Year
- Two Northwest Conference Coaches of the Year
- Two Northwest Conference Players of the Year
- 17 All-Americans
- Three NBA Draft Picks
A Winning Tradition
NEWBERG – It's a pivotal week of the season for George Fox's men's and women's basketball teams, as the Bruins host three Northwest Conference opponents in a five-day span. Whitworth pays a visit on Friday, Jan. 11, followed by Whitman on Jan. 12 and Linfield on Jan. 15.
With a combined record of 21-5, the Bruins are collectively off to their best start in school history. They also enter the weekend with matching 4-0 records in NWC play, marking the best conference start for the men's squad since the Bruins joined the NCAA.
Friday's game with Whitworth is special for another reason, as George Fox athletics has extended an invitation to members of Newberg and surrounding communities to watch the games for free. Complimentary tickets for "Newberg Night" will be offered to anyone who provides proof of address in Newberg, Dundee, St. Paul and Sherwood by showing their license.
On Saturday, Jan. 12, the Bruins open their doors to elementary students for "Elementary Night Out." Any student who is attending elementary school in Newberg (public and private) will get free admission to both games for themselves and their parents.
For the doubleheader games on Jan. 15 against Linfield, George Fox welcomes students back from break with "Taco Bell Night," with the first 150 students receiving a taco.
The women's team is currently ranked No. 12 in the nation and sits atop the conference standings. As of now, both Whitman and Whitworth are tied for second with a perfect 3-0 record. The Whits face each other Tuesday, Jan. 8, to see which team will come to Newberg tied with the Bruins in first place.
On the men's side, George Fox, Linfield, Whitworth, and Whitman are all undefeated in conference play. The Bruins and the Wildcats are both 4-0, while the Pirates and the Blues are at 3-0. The No. 7 Pirates and the No. 4 Blues square off in a Top 10 matchup Tuesday, Jan. 8 at 8 pm before coming to Newberg.