- Two NCCAA National Championships (1988, 1990)
- Four NCCAA National Tournaments (1986, 1987, 1988, 1990)
- Four NCCAA District/Regional Championships (1986, 1987, 1988, 1990)
- Six NCCAA District/Regional Tournaments (1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990)
- One NAIA National Tournament (1993)
- One NAIA Regional/Area Championship (1993)
- Three NAIA Regional/Area Tournaments (1993, 1996, 1998)
- Two NAIA District Championships (1990, 1993)
- Five NAIA District Tournaments (1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993)
- Two Northwest Conference Tournaments (1995, 1996)
- One Cascade Conference Tournament (1994)
- Four NAIA Top 25 National Rankings (1992, 1993, 1994, 1995)
- One NCCAA National Player of the Year (Dan LaVeine, 1990)
- One NSCAA/Umbro National Goalkeeper of the Year (Jeff Nelson, 1994)
- One NAIA Area Coach of the Year
- One NAIA District Coach of the Year
- 34 All-Americans
- 16 Academic All-Americans
- 11 players signed to professional contracts
A Winning Tradition
SPOKANE, Wash. – Rookie forward Robby Ubben scored a pair of goals, one in each half, as the Whitworth University Pirates powered their way to a 4-1 win over the visiting George Fox University Bruins in Northwest Conference men’s soccer action on a wet Saturday afternoon here at the Whitworth soccer field.
After several missed opportunities early, the Bucs got going in the 36th minute when Ryan Wood and Anders Nostdahl sent passes through the George Fox defense to Ubben, who put a shot from the right side of the box inside the right corner post. The Pirates made it 2-0 in the 53rd minute when Taylor Willi wrapped a corner kick around the defense into the upper left corner of the net for his second goal of the season.
George Fox showed signs of life in the 58th minute when Luke Dickens put a rebound into the bottom left corner to cut the deficit in half. However, the Pirates got that goal back when Ubben connected for his sixth goal of the year on a similar play, redirecting a rebounded shot. Whitworth added a final goal in the 73rd minute as Matt Bray and Kekoa Mountcastle set up Andrew French, who narrowly missed the sidebar with his shot but tapped it in for his second score of the season.
Whitworth took 20 shots in all, putting eight on goal, with George Fox keeper Elliott Davis stopping four of them. The Bruins managed seven shots, four on goal, with Pirate keeper Brian Sherpe making three saves. The Pirates held a decided 10-2 edge in corner kicks.
NEXT: George Fox (2-11-1, NWC 0-9-1) continues its eastern Washington trip with a visit to Whitman College Sunday at 2:30 p.m. ... Whitworth (10-3-1, NWC 8-2) hosts Pacific University Sunday at 2:30 p.m.