- Two NCCAA National Championships (1988, 1990)
- Four NCCAA National Tournaments (1986, 1987, 1988, 1990)
- Four NCCAA District/Regional Championships (1986, 1987, 1988, 1990)
- Six NCCAA District/Regional Tournaments (1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990)
- One NAIA National Tournament (1993)
- One NAIA Regional/Area Championship (1993)
- Three NAIA Regional/Area Tournaments (1993, 1996, 1998)
- Two NAIA District Championships (1990, 1993)
- Five NAIA District Tournaments (1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993)
- Two Northwest Conference Tournaments (1995, 1996)
- One Cascade Conference Tournament (1994)
- Four NAIA Top 25 National Rankings (1992, 1993, 1994, 1995)
- One NCCAA National Player of the Year (Dan LaVeine, 1990)
- One NSCAA/Umbro National Goalkeeper of the Year (Jeff Nelson, 1994)
- One NAIA Area Coach of the Year
- One NAIA District Coach of the Year
- 34 All-Americans
- 16 Academic All-Americans
- 11 players signed to professional contracts
Shots (on goal)
A Winning Tradition
|Puget Sound (4-5-3, 2-3-3 NWC)||1||2||0||0||3|
|George Fox (2-8-2, 1-5-2 NWC)||1||2||0||0||3|
By Seth Preuss
NEWBERG --- The men's soccer program played host to Puget Sound (Wash.) to wrap up their 2018 Northwest Conference series against the Loggers. The Bruins scored first and took a late lead but the match ended in a 3-3 draw at home.
It only took 13 minutes to break a scoreless tie after a Loggers miscue gave the Bruins a 1-0 advantage. Moises Manon served a ball in on a free kick looking for a run on the Loggers' near post, but the Puget Sound players did the work themselves with an own-goal on a failed clearance.
A Bruins miscue set up the equalizer in the 21st minute. After a hand ball was called at the top of the 18 yard box, one of the Loggers' midfielders bent a shot around the Bruins' wall and found unguarded twine along the left side of the net.
The Loggers struck again in the 65th minute with a header on the right post after playing the ball through the box. Nine minutes passed before the Bruins tied it with a strike from Trevor Martin – Manon shot from the top right corner of the box and the save got away from the Loggers' keeper before Martin finished the play to tie the match at 2-2.
Isaiah Carrillo scored his first collegiate goal in the 81st minute to give the Bruins a 3-2 lead. Carrillo finished a ball into the lower left corner after Noah LaMadrid played the ball to him in the six. A late goal from the Loggers off a long throw-in tied it at 3-3, and neither team found the net in overtime before reaching full time after two overtime periods.
Manon set up two scores for the Bruins and played most of the match up top, while Martin and Carrillo each found the net for the Bruins, and Martin's goal was his first this season in the 3-3 draw. JD Ellis notched six saves against nine shots in goal.
What It Means
The Bruins are 1-5-2 against Northwest Conference opponents and move to 2-8-2 overall with the draw against the Loggers.
What Happens Next
The Bruins are back in action tomorrow with a test against the top-ranked Lutes of Pacific Lutheran at 12:00 pm at Austin Sports Complex.