- Two NCCAA National Championships (1988, 1990)
- Four NCCAA National Tournaments (1986, 1987, 1988, 1990)
- Four NCCAA District/Regional Championships (1986, 1987, 1988, 1990)
- Six NCCAA District/Regional Tournaments (1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990)
- One NAIA National Tournament (1993)
- One NAIA Regional/Area Championship (1993)
- Three NAIA Regional/Area Tournaments (1993, 1996, 1998)
- Two NAIA District Championships (1990, 1993)
- Five NAIA District Tournaments (1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993)
- Two Northwest Conference Tournaments (1995, 1996)
- One Cascade Conference Tournament (1994)
- Four NAIA Top 25 National Rankings (1992, 1993, 1994, 1995)
- One NCCAA National Player of the Year (Dan LaVeine, 1990)
- One NSCAA/Umbro National Goalkeeper of the Year (Jeff Nelson, 1994)
- One NAIA Area Coach of the Year
- One NAIA District Coach of the Year
- 34 All-Americans
- 16 Academic All-Americans
- 11 players signed to professional contracts
Shots (on goal)
A Winning Tradition
|George Fox (3-3-1, 0-1-0 NWC)||0||0||0|
|Pacific Lutheran (4-3-0, 1-0-0 NWC)||2||3||5|
TACOMA --- Sebastian Lopez put in a five-save effort, but he George Fox men's soccer team suffered a 5-0 loss at Pacific Lutheran on Saturday afternoon.
The Bruins fought hard to keep PLU off the board in the first half, allowing just one shot to crack the backline through 27 minutes of play. The 2018 NWC co-champion responded with two first-half blows before entering intermission.
The Lutes wasted little time after the break as Keeton Heggerness netted a penalty shot attempt in the 47th minute.
Midway through the second half, the Bruins looked to get on the board, but shots from Bryce Turnipseed and offensive leader Jackson Keller missed just wide. The Blue & Gold's efforts to catch up fell short as PLU distanced themselves with two more scores in the final 15 minutes.
The Lutes raked in the penalties, collecting three yellows to GFU's one.
Lopez remained strong through the full 90, posting five saves and facing 22 shots. The Lutes kept their backfield padded with only Keller and Turnipseed able to get shots off in the contest. Heggerness paced the Lutes with three goals.
What It Means:
With the loss, the Bruins fall to 3-3-1 on the season behind a 0-1 mark in NWC action. Today marks the team's first loss to a conference opponent this fall.
What Comes Next:
Puget Sound is the next stop on Fox's road trip before they return to the Austin Sports Complex pitch. Kickoff is slated for Sunday, Sept. 22 at noon.