- Two NCAA Regional Tournament Appearances (2016, 2018)
- Five Northwest Conference Tournament Appearances (2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Six NFCA All-West Region Athletes (One first-team, three second-team, two third-team)
- 4 Northwest Conference Coaches of the Year
- 1 (NFCA) Division III National Pitcher of the Week (Abbie Bergerson, 2015)
- Two National Top-25 Rankings (2016, 2018)
- One NAIA Regional Tournament (1994)
- One NAIA District Championship (1994)
- One Cascade Conference Championship (1994)
- 1 NAIA District Coach of the Year
A Winning Tradition
NEWBERG, Ore. --- George Fox University's Madison Sorensen and Alyssa Gonzalez swept the Northwest Conference Softball Pitching and Position Student-Athlete of the Week, respectively, as announced by the conference Monday.
The Bruins went 5-1 to start their season with sweeps over Redlands and Whittier and a split with Occidental.
Sorensen, a senior pitcher from Woodland, Washington, was also named NCAA Division III Player of the Week in the circle from Fastpitch News. This marks her first honor from Fastpitch News and her third honor from the NWC. Of the Bruins' six games over the weekend, Sorensen started in two while making a late appearance in the Bruins' 7-6 win that went nine innings. In the season opener, she pitched six scoreless innings against Redlands with seven strikeouts. She was then crucial in game two against the Bulldogs coming in to pitch the final two innings to get her second win of the season. Her third game was the first matchup against Whittier, where she only needed five innings to secure the win in an 11-2 mercy-rule victory. Overall, she went 3-0 to start the season in 13 innings with 12 strikeouts and not walking a single batter.
Gonzalez, a junior catcher from Livermore, California, earns her first honor from the NWC. She recorded a hit in all but one game to start the season with 10 hits in 20 at-bats for a batting average of .500. She also recorded four doubles and one home run with 11 RBIs.
The Bruins have a week off before they host the Northwest Conference opener at home against the Whitworth Pirates Feb. 24-25.