- Two NCAA Regional Tournament Appearances (2016, 2018)
- Five Northwest Conference Tournament Appearances (2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Six NFCA All-West Region Athletes (One first-team, three second-team, two third-team)
- 4 Northwest Conference Coaches of the Year
- 1 (NFCA) Division III National Pitcher of the Week (Abbie Bergerson, 2015)
- Two National Top-25 Rankings (2016, 2018)
- One NAIA Regional Tournament (1994)
- One NAIA District Championship (1994)
- One Cascade Conference Championship (1994)
- 1 NAIA District Coach of the Year
A Winning Tradition
|George Fox (35-10)||0||0||0||2||0||1||0||3||8||2|
NEWBERG --- For the second time in the program's history, the No. 12-ranked George Fox softball team will make an appearance in the NCAA Division III West Regional in McMinnville, Oregon, May 11-13.
The Bruins will make the short drive to McMinnville for the three-team regional hosted by Linfield College. Claremont-Mudd-Scripps will be the third and final team in the regional. George Fox and CMS are no strangers to each other in postseason play, as both teams met each other in 2016 when the Bruins made their first-ever appearance in the NCAA West Regional.
George Fox is 35-9 coming into the tournament and recently had eight All-NWC selections, the NWC Pitcher of the Year and the NWC Coach of the Year. The Bruins set a new program-best for wins in a single-season and their first-ever share of the NWC Championship. The Bruins will be the No. 2-seed in the tournament, while Linfield College (35-8) will host the tournament as the No. 1-seed. CMS enters will an overall record of 31-12 and will be the No. 3-seed.
The tournament starts Friday with a double-elimination format.
Friday, May 11
Game 1: George Fox vs. Claremont-Mudd-Scripps | 3 pm
Game 2: Linfield vs. Claremont-Mudd-Scripps | 6:30 pm
Saturday, May 12
Game 3: Linfield vs. George Fox | 4 pm
Game 4: See scenarios below | 6:30 pm
Scenario 1 (If two teams remain after Game 3)
Game 4: Two remaining teams play at 6:30 p.m. If the undefeated team wins, that team wins the regional tournament and advances to the super regional tournament.
If the 1-1 team wins, then Game 5 is played on Sunday and the winner advances to the super regional tournament.
Scenario 2 (If three teams remain tied at 1-1 after Game 3)
Game 4: No. 2 vs. No. 3, 6:30 p.m.
SUNDAY, MAY 13
Game 5: No. 1 vs. winner of Game 4, 3 p.m., if necessary (winner of Game 5 advances to the super regional tournament)