- Two NCAA Regional Tournament Appearances (2016, 2018)
- Five Northwest Conference Tournament Appearances (2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Six NFCA All-West Region Athletes (One first-team, three second-team, two third-team)
- 4 Northwest Conference Coaches of the Year
- 1 (NFCA) Division III National Pitcher of the Week (Abbie Bergerson, 2015)
- Two National Top-25 Rankings (2016, 2018)
- One NAIA Regional Tournament (1994)
- One NAIA District Championship (1994)
- One Cascade Conference Championship (1994)
- 1 NAIA District Coach of the Year
A Winning Tradition
|George Fox (26-16)||0||0||0||0||0||0||2||2||6||2|
By: Jake Bienvenue
McMINNVILLE --- The George Fox softball team finished off an impressive season with a matchup against Whitworth in their third game of the Northwest Conference Tournament, falling 6-2 to the Pirates.
The Bruins started out hot as Kimi Ito and Alyssa Gonzalez hit back-to-back doubles in the top of the first, but Ito was tagged out to prevent the Bruins from tallying the run. They struggled to set up their offense after that, and Whitworth capitalized on its chances.
The Pirates scratched across runs in the first and second to take an early 2-0 lead.
An additional pair of runs by the Pirates in the bottom of the third pushed the lead even further, and the Bruins trailed 4-0.
After a pair of scoreless innings, Whitworth put another pair of runs on the board to take a 6-0 lead in the sixth frame.
Facing elimination, the Bruins attempted a comeback in the top of the seventh. Katie Ladd stepped to the plate and cracked a two-RBI homer out of center field, cutting the lead to just four. The Bruins would come no closer and were unable to close the gap as they dropped a tough one, 6-2.
Ladd's two-RBI homer was a bright spot for the Bruins in the contest.
What It Means:
The Bruins finish their season with an overall record of 26-16 and a conference record of 17-11 after making their fifth consecutive NWC Tournament appearance.