- 12 All-NWC Athletes
- One NCAA Nationals Individual Appearance
A Winning Tradition
The George Fox University swim team practices and competes at the renovated Chehalem Parks and Recreation Aquatic Center. A $19.9 million bond measure was passed by voters on the November 2014 ballot and ground-breaking began in October 2016.
This measure funded the redevelopment of CPRD’s 44-year-old community swimming pool facility as follows:
- Replacing out-of-date machinery to improve energy efficiency;
- Replacing structurally deficient cement and rebar infrastructure;
- Redeveloping pool facility to meet current demand and reduce overcrowding;
- Improved pool design to provide better safety for students and seniors;
- Construction of additional space for regional school swim meets;
- Renovations for ADA compliance;
- Demolition of existing out-of-date structures and renovation and improvement of fitness section and acquisition of new equipment;
- Parking and site improvements and furnishings and equipment related to the pool redevelopment
The result is a fast competition pool that is same-depth across its length and width, with pool-level gutters and new Bruins-branded starting blocks with wedges. The competition pool features eight lanes with an additional five for warm-ups and training at the far end running perpendicular to the competition pool.
Up to date information is available on the Chehalem Parks and Recreation website.