- Nine NCAA D-III National Championship Tournaments (2010-8th; 2011-12th; 2012-7th; 2013-4th; 2014-9th; 2015-6th; 2016-T-3rd; 2017-2nd; 2018 -3rd)
- Nine Northwest Conference Champions (2010; 2011; 2012; 2013; 2014; 2015; 2016; 2017; 2018)
- Nine Top 25 National Rankings (2010-7th; 2011-7th; 2012-7th; 2013-5th; 2014-10th; 2015 - 2nd; 2016-2nd; 2017-1st; 2018-1st)
- 10 straight winning seasons (2009-18)
- 70 tournament wins in program's 10 seasons
- 15 All-Americans, 21 All-West Region players, 37 All-Conference players
- Two PING National Player of the Year (Kelsey Morrison, 2013; Sydney Maluenda, 2015)
- One WGCA National Freshman of the Year (Sydney Maluenda, 2014)
- Eight NWC Players of the Year
- Three West Region Coach of the Year awards (2009-10, 2015-16, 2016-17)
- Five NWC Coach of the Year awards (2010-11, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2016-17)
- Six WGCA All-American Scholars, Three Academic All-District student-athletes
- Six Academic All-Americans
A Winning Tradition
ALOHA, Ore. - With senior Kelsey Morrison and freshman Kiana Lumanlan leading the way with scores of 75 and 79 respectively, the fifth-ranked George Fox University Bruins opened up a 12-stroke lead after the first day of play in the Culturame Classic women's golf tournament Saturday afternoon here at The Reserve Vineyards and Golf Club.
Morrison was two-over-par with her 18-hole score of 75 on the par-73 course, while Lumanlan shot a 79, giving them the top two spots on the leader board. Five others are tied at 80, including George Fox's Loreece Magsanide, Emily Stevens and Ravipa Losakul of the University of California-Santa Cruz, Nicole Smith of Willamette University, and Sarah Crofcheck of Northwest Christian University.
As a team, George Fox's four-player score stands at 315, 23-over-par, with Cal-Santa Cruz, which is tied for 21st nationally in the NCAA Division III, next at 327. Willamette is third at 336, followed by Linfield College at 361, Whitworth University fifth at 364, Northwest Christian at 367, Simpson University (Calif.) at 386, and Pacific University at 396.
The tournament concludes Sunday, with first tee times at 11:45 a.m. Saturday's round was supposed to have started at the same time, but all rounds were pushed back by about half an hour due to early-morning frost on the grounds at The Reserve.
Complete results of the first day of the Culturame Classic are available on the George Fox women's golf web site at http://athletics.georgefox.edu/sports/wgolf/2012-13/files/1006.pdf.