- Nine NCAA D-III National Championship Tournaments (2010-8th; 2011-12th; 2012-7th; 2013-4th; 2014-9th; 2015-6th; 2016-T-3rd; 2017-2nd; 2018 -3rd)
- Nine Northwest Conference Champions (2010; 2011; 2012; 2013; 2014; 2015; 2016; 2017; 2018)
- Nine Top 25 National Rankings (2010-7th; 2011-7th; 2012-7th; 2013-5th; 2014-10th; 2015 - 2nd; 2016-2nd; 2017-1st; 2018-1st)
- 10 straight winning seasons (2009-18)
- 70 tournament wins in program's 10 seasons
- 15 All-Americans, 21 All-West Region players, 37 All-Conference players
- Two PING National Player of the Year (Kelsey Morrison, 2013; Sydney Maluenda, 2015)
- One WGCA National Freshman of the Year (Sydney Maluenda, 2014)
- Eight NWC Players of the Year
- Three West Region Coach of the Year awards (2009-10, 2015-16, 2016-17)
- Five NWC Coach of the Year awards (2010-11, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2016-17)
- Six WGCA All-American Scholars, Three Academic All-District student-athletes
- Six Academic All-Americans
A Winning Tradition
HOUSTON --- For the 10th straight season, the No. 2-ranked George Fox women's golf team will head to the NCAA Division III National Championship at Bay Oaks Country Club in Houston, Texas, May 14-17.
This marks the third time in the last four seasons that the NCAA Div. III National Championship will be held at the Bay Oaks Country Club. The Bruins have some familiarity with the par-72 5,889-yard course, as they finished T-3rd in 2015-16 and recorded a program-best runner-up finish in 2016-17.
The Bruins enter the 25-team field with the No. 2 overall ranking and a scoring average of 76.88. They recently claimed a share of the Northwest Conference Championship this season – marking the 10th straight season the Bruins have won or claimed a share of the title.
George Fox came away with all five members earning a spot on the All-NWC team. Alex McMenamin, Janelle Decker, Iris Kawada, and Kayle Hunn were each named All-NWC first-team, while Rachel Drgastin was named All-NWC second-team. Head Coach MaryJo McCloskey grabbed her sixth career NWC Coach of the Year award and recorded her 75th career tournament win at the NWC Spring Classic on April 13-14.
All five Bruins enter the tournament ranked inside the top-50 in the NCAA Div. III player rankings.
Kawada ranks at No. 3 and holds a scoring average of 76.25. She finished inside the top-10 in six different tournaments and grabbed medalist honors at the NWC Spring Classic with a 75-81=156.
Hunn ranks at No. 11 and holds a scoring average of 77.08. She has played in all 20 rounds for the Bruins and has finished inside the top-10 seven different times. She has finished runner-up in three different tournaments (NWC Fall Classic, George Fox Westbrook Invitational, and USCS Spring Invite).
McMenamin ranks at No. 23 and holds a scoring average of 77.18. McMenamin has played in all 20 rounds for the Bruins and earned medalist honors at the Culturame Classic on Oct. 6-7 with a 6-over-par 76-74=150.
Drgastin ranks at No. 30 and holds a scoring average of 79.38. She has played in all 20 rounds for the Bruins and grabbed medalist honors at the UCSC Spring Invite on Mar. 30-31 with a 3-over-par 72-75=147.
Decker ranks at No. 42 and holds a scoring average of 78.23. Decker has played in all 20 rounds and has finished inside the top-10 in six different tournaments. She closed out the regular season with back-to-back third-place finishes at the NWC Spring Classic and NWC Championships.
The Bruins will start the four-day tournament on Tuesday, May 14, with a shotgun start at 6:20 am (PDT) on hole 10. The Bruins are paired with No. 4 Grinnell and No. 6 Williams for the first round.