- 10 NCAA D-III National Championship Tournaments (2010-8th; 2011-12th; 2012-7th; 2013-4th; 2014-9th; 2015-6th; 2016-T-3rd; 2017-2nd; 2018-3rd; 2019-T-7th)
- 10 Northwest Conference Champions (2010; 2011; 2012; 2013; 2014; 2015; 2016; 2017; 2018; 2019)
- 10 Top 25 National Rankings (2010-7th; 2011-7th; 2012-7th; 2013-5th; 2014-10th; 2015-2nd; 2016-2nd; 2017-1st; 2018-1st; 2019-2nd)
- 11 straight winning seasons (2009-18)
- 75 tournament wins in program's 12 seasons
- 18 All-Americans, 24 All-West Region players, 42 All-Conference players
- Two PING National Player of the Year (Kelsey Morrison, 2013; Sydney Maluenda, 2015)
- One WGCA National Freshman of the Year (Sydney Maluenda, 2014)
- Eight NWC Players of the Year
- Four West Region Coach of the Year awards (2009-10, 2015-16, 2016-17, 2018-19)
- Six NWC Coach of the Year awards (2010-11, 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2016-17, 2018-19)
- Eight WGCA All-American Scholars, Three Academic All-District student-athletes
- Eight Academic All-Americans
A Winning Tradition
CANBY, Ore. --- Kayle Hunn carded a one-over-par 73 to lead the George Fox women's golf team during the first round of the Culturame Classic on Saturday. George Fox posted a team tally of 300 for first place after day one at the Willamette Valley Country Club.
Six Bruins are in the Top 10 of the field of 45 in the 2019 Culturame Classic. Hunn led the Bruins and tied for first in the opening round on the par-72, 5,816-yard course. The junior notched two birdies to end the front nine at even par before sinking another on hole 16.
Freshman Quincy Beyrouty continues her impressive debut season with a three-over 75 to sit in second place. The Salem native carded a round-high four birdies with three coming in the first eight holes.
Junior Alex McMenamin ended her first round tied at 17th after carding an 82.
Playing as individuals, Kaitlyn Tonai, Tianna Brown, and Avery Kageyama combined to help push the Bruins' scoring players higher up on the leaderboard. Tonai sits in a tie for third with Drgastin and Nitta, while Brown is just off the pace in seventh after shooting a plus-six 78. Kageyama is tied for 20th after carding an 84 in the opening round.
What Comes Next
The Bruins will play the final round of the Culturame Classic tomorrow morning before hosting the NWC Fall Classic next weekend. The tournament will last from Saturday, Oct. 12 through Sunday, Oct. 13 at the OGA Golf Course in Woodburn, Ore.
This article has been updated to correctly reflect the Bruins' team and individual standings