- One NCAA Tournament Appearance (Second Round - 2019)
- Four Northwest Conference Championships (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Three IWLCA All-Region Athletes (Jess Hanson, 2018; Lois Ray, 2019; Jennifer Burke, 2019)
- Three Northwest Conference Players of the Year (Alexa Nakashimada, 2016; Jess Hanson, 2018; Lois Ray, 2019)
- Two NWC Coach of the Year Awards (Katie Mastropaolo, 2018; Katie Mastropaolo, 2019)
- 44 All-Northwest Conference Athletes
- Six straight winning seasons (2014-19)
Free Position Shots
A Winning Tradition
|Willamette (4-9, 2-6 NWC)||0||1||1|
|George Fox (11-2, 8-0 NWC)||14||6||20|
By Seth Preuss
NEWBERG --- The George Fox women's lacrosse team welcomed Willamette University to Austin Sports Complex on Sunday, April 14, for a Northwest Conference contest. The Bruins turned in another sterling offensive performance and finished a season sweep of the Bearcats with a 20-1 win at home.
Isabella Alfaro, Bailey Faust, Jennifer Burke, Andrea Garcia-Milla, and Sydney Thatch joined Ray and Strickland on the box score to help the Bruins turn on a running clock with just under 12 minutes remaining in the opening half.
Alfaro, Burke, Ray, and Faust each found the net again in the final ten minutes to give George Fox a 14-0 lead at halftime.
The Bruins put in the first two goals of the second half to make it 16-0 with goals by Faust and Ray before Willamette broke up the shutout with a score in the 12th minute of the second half. The Bruins' shutdown defense kicked back in afterwards and finished the game off with a 20-1 win after scores from Meredith Teel, Emma Fanger, Burke, and Ray in the last ten minutes of action.
Ray, Strickland, Burke, and Faust each notched hat tricks in the win, and Ray also led the team with five assists to go with her team-high five goals. Faust's hat trick is the first of her collegiate career. In goal, Ella Rand earned her 10th win as a collegiate keeper after saving the only shot she faced in the first half.
What It Means
The Bruins improve to 11-2 overall and are now 8-0 against NWC opponents in 2019 with four conference games remaining on the schedule.
What Happens Next
George Fox travels to face Pacific (Ore.) on Wednesday, April 17, to finish a season series against the Boxers.