- One NCAA Tournament Appearance (Second Round - 2019)
- Four Northwest Conference Championships (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Three IWLCA All-Region Athletes (Jess Hanson, 2018; Lois Ray, 2019; Jennifer Burke, 2019)
- Three Northwest Conference Players of the Year (Alexa Nakashimada, 2016; Jess Hanson, 2018; Lois Ray, 2019)
- Two NWC Coach of the Year Awards (Katie Mastropaolo, 2018; Katie Mastropaolo, 2019)
- 44 All-Northwest Conference Athletes
- Six straight winning seasons (2014-19)
A Winning Tradition
HILLSBORO --- The George Fox women's lacrosse team has swept the NWC Student-Athlete of the Week awards for the fifth time this season, the conference office announced Monday, April 29.
Jennifer Burke, a junior midfielder from Oregon City, Ore., was tabbed as the Student-Athlete of the Week on defense after causing five turnovers, scooping up five ground balls, and winning ten draw controls against Whitworth on April 28. This is the second time the conference office has honored Burke this season.
Lois Ray, a senior midfielder from Springfield, Ore., was honored for the fourth time this season by the conference office. Ray was tabbed as the Student-Athlete of the Week on offense after dishing a career-best nine assists and scoring four goals against Whitworth. In a fitting display of symmetry, Ray scored the first and final goals against the Pirates in her final home game.
Ray (4) and Burke (2) have combined with Ella Rand (2), Madison Strickland (2), Isabella Alfaro, and Bailey Faust to help George Fox dominate the conference student-athletes of the week selections in 2019, including their five sweeps of the weekly honors.
The Bruins, who just wrapped up their third straight undefeated NWC Championship, await the results of the NCAA DIII selection show on May 5 to find out where and when they will be making their first-ever NCAA postseason appearance.