- 2 NCCAA National Championships (1984, 1987)
- 1 NAIA National Tournament (1998)
- 1 Women's Conference of Independent Colleges Championship (1982)
- 1 Northwest Conference Championship (1998)
- 2 NCCAA National Coaches of the Year
- 2 NAIA District Coaches of the Year
- 2 Northwest Conference Player of the Year
- 1 Northwest Conference Coach of the Year
- 13 All-Americans
- 5 Academic All-Americans
- 47 All-NWC Athletes
A Winning Tradition
|George Fox (3-10)||16||24||20||0|
|Lewis & Clark (7-6)||25||26||25||3|
By Josh Nutter
PORTLAND --- The George Fox volleyball team fell in straight sets on the road against Northwest Conference foe Lewis & Clark. The Pioneers (7-6, 3-2 NWC) won by set scores 25-16, 26-24, 25-20 over the Bruins (4-10, 1-4 NWC).
The first set was a quick win for Lewis & Clark, but Bailey LeBreton was a bright spot for the Bruins with three kills in the set. Unfortunately for George Fox, the Pioneers were able to capitalize on Bruin mistakes to win the set.
The Bruins pushed hard for the entirety of the second set as they put serious pressure on Lewis & Clark but fell 26-24. Paige O'Rear helped the Bruins put the pressure on with four kills and two aces to keep the Bruins afloat.
O'Rear led her teammates on offense, defense, and at the line with three aces, seven kills, and 15 digs, while Search tallied a team-high 16 assists.
What It Means
The Bruins fall to 4-10 overall and are 1-4 in NWC play this fall, putting them in seventh place in the standings.
What Happens Next
The Bruins return home to host Puget Sound on Saturday, Oct. 5, at 6:00 pm.