- Eight NAIA Men's National Meets (5 Top 10 finishes)
- Five NAIA District Men's Championships (1977, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992)
- One NCCAA Women's National Championship (1988)
- Nine NAIA Women's National Meets (6 Top 10 finishes)
- Six NAIA Women's District Championships (1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993)
- One Cascade Conference Women's Championship (1994)
- Two NAIA Region Coaches of the Year
- 10 Conference / District Coaches of the Year
- 23 All-Americans (6 men, 17 women)
- 53 Academic All-Americans (18 men, 35 women)
A Winning Tradition
By: Alex Plusquellec
BROOKS, Ore. --- The George Fox men's and women's cross country teams hosted the Wes Cook/George Fox Invite Saturday at Willamette State Park.
The field was made up of nine women's teams and 13 men's teams, as the George Fox men's and women's teams finished fifth in their respective races.
Kayla Moore and Rachel Gibbs led the women in their six kilometer race, posting times of 23:27 and 23:44 respectively. Jimena Pineda finished with a time of 24:36 for the Bruins, and Samantha McKibbon wasn't far behind her teammate, running a 24:40. Pierce Claire's 25:14 and Lydia Gronseth's 25:37 rounded out the top six performers for the Bruins, who posted a team time of 2:01:26.
The men's eight kilometer team time was led by Colin Atchison, who ran a 26:43. Josh Meyer wasn't far behind Atchison, running a 25:54. Spencer Elmore finished on the heels of Meyer, clocking a 25:56 for the Bruins. Chris Burton and Christian Parr crossed the line together for the Bruins, running the race in 27:13.
What Comes Next:
The Bruins will have two weeks to train before returning to Willamette State Park for the NWC Championships on Oct. 29.